A yoga and mindfulness educator with a special interest in mental health
Catherine is a yoga and mindfulness educator with a special interest in mental health and well-being in our modern lives. She is a level 2 Yoga Australia registered yoga teacher, a certified iRest® meditation teacher, and a member of Meditation Australia. Catherine teaches trauma sensitive yoga. She currently teaches yoga and mindfulness in the Yoga from the Inside studio, in prison, hospital and community service settings, other public venues and privately. Her teaching aims to restore well-being across all layers; physical, energetic, emotional, cognitive and to embrace the body of joy and recognise the innate peace that we all have as our background awareness. Her concern is to meet people where they are and to help them tap into the source of life and wisdom within that our busy lives often drown out.
Catherine has studied iRest with Richard Miller since 2014. iRest (Integrative Restoration) is an evidence-based transformative practice that leads to psychological, physical, and spiritual healing and well-being. It is based on the ancient teachings of meditation, and while it is a well-being practice suitable for everyone it has been used extensively with people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with very good results.
Catherine uses yoga and meditation/mindfulness to manage depression and to find harmony with life as it is. She is passionate about social equity and believes that everyone matters and that we are all ok. And, that our life challenges are the opportunities that life gives us to grow and evolve. Her formal studies and yoga and meditation studies are extensive.
Catherine’s qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Analysis
- Master of Policy and Applied Social Research
- Graduate Certificate in Public Sector Management
- Certificate of Competency in Yoga Teaching – Life Source Yoga and Health (350 hours)
- Certified iRest® Yoga Nidra Teacher
- Advance in Yin Yoga – Anneriek Favelle, Yoga 4 You (40 hours)
- Applied Yoga Teacher Training – Anneriek Favelle, Yoga 4 You (150 hours)
- Y12SR (Yoga for 12 Step Recovery) Leader
- Warriors at Ease Level 1
- Yoga for Trauma, Mental Health and Body Image – Sarah Ball
- Yoga Therapy – The Yoga Institute
“My first experience at yoga. Calming, relaxing and the guidance of a lady with a beautiful soul. Thank you Catherine. Highly recommended from a new yoga lover.”
– Margaret, Beginners’ Yoga
“I definitely recommend a friend to join future retreats with Catherine, especially if they are struggling with issues in their lives.”
“It took me on a wonderful journey … left me feeling peaceful and gave me the tools to keep moving forward.”
“I loved the entire format!”